Thu, 24 Aug|
Club Luncheon: What is the shape of Defence in Australia and how has the DSR affected the current defence climate?
Hear our guest speaker, Adam Levi, discuss all things Defence.
Time & Location
24 Aug 2023, 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Adelaide, 111 Hutt St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
About the event
What is the shape of Defence Australia and how has the Defence Strategic Review affected the current defence climate?
1. Current strategic posture, lifting the words from the paper to give an informed opinion of the future of defence in Australia, where industry stands, and for how long.
2. Application of critical capability into the pacific regions, why this style of warfare will need this focus, specifically “minimal capability possible, in the shortest lead time”.
3. What is National defence and how will this be vital across a whole of government approach?
4. The five domains and how they play a part in the evolution of defence. Land, Sea, Air, Cyber, Space.
5. A state-by-State approach to Key defence programs and how they will be used to support the defence framework.
6. Resources where will they be, how will they be sustained and how do we want our Defence force to look in the next 5 years. What is the end-to-end people system and how do we keep the level of soldiers needed? How would we expand in a time of crisis?
7. Agreed and Agreed in principle, what are the challenges?
Guest Speaker: Mr Adam Levi
Adam Levi began working at Ametec Cleaning Australia in 2002 as an operator. Adam later purchased the company and steered it into a leadership position in defence surface solutions. The Company subsequently expanded into the Energy sector and the Government Transport infrastructure.
Adam later merged the company, by sale, with AFL Services, becoming a shareholder in the merged entity. Under his direction, AFL Service became coating specialists, winning the task of applying the camouflage to the Defence fleet of land vehicles, ready for deployment to the Afghanistan War. Adam joined the Defence Industry Leadership Program in 2013. He diversified the company in 2014, opening the door to work in Construction, Power and Water, and Mining. Adam has served four years as the membership officer of the Australasian Corrosion Association; as a proud contributor, he advocates across the country for the corrosion industry. Adam is now a Defence Teaming Centre Board Member and has recently been involved in the Edinburgh Industry Alliance, aligning like-minded companies in northern Adelaide. He is currently Growth and Strategy Manager at Eptec Group.
Time: 1200 for 1230
Dress: Jacket and Tie for men, Smart day attire for ladies
Price: $56.00 (Price includes a light 2-course meal and drink on arrival)
RSVP: By 5 PM, Monday 21 August 2023
Members: Please Book as normal by clicking the RSVP button below.
Non Members: - Please Book using the following link Non-Member Booking
CANCELLATION POLICY - Bookings cancelled after the RSVP will incur a 50% charge of the ticket price